Saturday, June 27, 2009

Why Dr. Paul Krugman Rocks.....

Because he does have a unique ability to concisely point out the hypocrisy and perfidy in our federal government.

Ezra Klein wonders why we still have multiple agriculture committees when we hardly have any farmers, and proposed their abolition. But I’d propose the opposite solution: more committees to represent comparably-sized segments of the population.

We should, in particular, have several Congressional committees, plus a Cabinet-level department, representing Americans who play World of Warcraft, who outnumber American farmers.
I personally would like to be the paladin class designate. I feel I understand the concerns of my fellow pallys. I would do my utmost to address the lack of healing diversity, and deplorable state of the plate drops off of end-game mobs.

Seriously though, I do believe Ezra Klein is on to something. The traditional American Farm, just really doesn't exist on any scale nowadays. Most are corporate farms which reap the benefits that were initially designed to help the individual farmer, not Monsanto. That is an extreme source of waste and poor management. Billions of dollars could be reallocated if we changed the structure of the farm subsidies. But the inertia those programs have now is going to make it hard to dismantle the system....

-Cheers

No comments: