Friday, October 17, 2008

Et tu Ed?

.....I know you are are still giddy in your post-nuptial bliss....but this is just mean bra'! I know you aren't sold on Obama but seriously why you got to be hatin' on a brother! I mean diss'in on his moms? That is harsh.

Even worse, be all hiding behind another name, and not even a very clever one...think I wouldn't notice you hiding at NRO, but I got peoples son! And they be tellin' me about you hatin' on my boy B-rock!

Former Fetus Barack Obama [by Ed Whelan]

Nearly 48 years ago, a young woman, not yet 18, became pregnant in her freshman year of college. Living in a time and place in which abortion was generally illegal, she proceeded to marry the father of her child and gave birth to a son. Perhaps she would have done so irrespective of the abortion laws at the time, even if, say, she lived in a legal culture that celebrated abortion as a fundamental right. Very possibly not. (I haven’t found any statistics on the percentage of pregnant college freshmen who abort their pregnancies, but indirect indications suggest that it’s very high.)

No....he...didn't!

Just messing with you Ed! I did do a double take when I saw the article though! :-)

You see something like that in print and you have to wonder about where this country is going when this is the sort of thing that passes as "discourse". First read through, I got angry....really angry..tried to write a post about it, but that didn't work so well. So I opted for humor instead.

Sickening.

No comments: