Friday, October 23, 2009

Why Women Have Sex

Time has a nice interview with one the authors of the new book Why Women Have Sex. The team from Texas has authored a couple of books on social sexual habits. So I would mildly intrigued.

I figure I like
women, and I like sex so why not give the interview a read. It was actually pretty interesting. I may have to pick up the book at some point. For purely academic reasons of course.

But I found this exchange interesting:
Any particularly surprising findings?
I was surprised by the importance of revenge. A few had sex in order to give someone else a sexually transmitted disease. More commonly, women's revenge sex involved getting back at a cheating partner, or having sex with the partner of a friend who had poached her partner. Actually, the frequency of mate-poaching also surprised me — the frequency with which women try to lure men who are already "taken," either for a short-term sexual liaison or a longer-term relationship. Most women have experienced mate-poaching in one form or another, either as the mate poacher or as the victim.
Every time I read the passage I just envision a leggy supermodel type skulking around a jungle in a hunter's hat with a butterfly net, trying to "poach" mates.

-Cheers

No comments: