Monday, January 19, 2009

The Ballad of Scot and Tyler....

Though I am sick...and may well die of the ole damp lung. I can pass from this mortal coil knowing full well that I may have seen the most awesomest weekend of all time.

I haven't really slept in about 2 days (for that Scot and Tyler are not to blame, coughing fits and some weird leg pains would be the culprit), and I will be on the D. L for much of this week. I have been warned that this coming weekend...the goal is actually to force Tyler to get a new liver. So I want to be in tip top shape in case I have to flee law enforcement. But I can say this weekend was well worth the effort. And I would be remiss if I did not at least meditate on it for a moment.

It would be hard to capture the sheer enormity of the awesomeness. So I will just say there was booty shaking, girls dancing in their underwear, a Jay-Z sighting, bar dancing and Scot shaking his money maker in a cage.

Yep. Scot. Dancing. In. A. CAGE!!!!!

When the weekend started I was sick and verging on a serious bout of melancholy. So I have to give a genuine and heartfelt thank you to Scot, Tyler, Michelle, Amy, Jay-Z and the girl who was dancing in her underwear.

Now that it is done, I am still sick, but I feel a bit lighter.

I am lucky to have friends who hate my sobriety as much as I do. These are the moments that we cherish, the times with friends that reminds us we do "fit" sometimes.

For someone like me those times are rare. So it is always nice when they happen. Though I am sure that copious amounts of alcohol may have helped.

Also, I still hate both of you.

In case you were wondering.

-Cheers

6 comments:

tyler said...

i think the goal will be to actively try to get my liver to succeed from my body. whether or not i accomplish this, i guarantee a fun time will be had.

also, i immediately do not regret the decisions that were made this weekend leading up to witnessing the cage/bar dancing.

tyler said...

secede, not succeed. hopefully i will get over this illness soon. my brain won't even work write.

RomanX said...

Oh I see what'chu did thar!

Amy said...

Fit? You say you do not fit? You, Sir, are an instigator… not a puzzle piece. You are a leader among men, a caster of evil, a purchasing agent of beverages of all types, and a relater of stories, which may or may not be true. For the record, I loathe your sobriety, almost as much as I do Scot and Tyler’s. And, in the spirit of also loathing all ya’ll’s livers, (and yes, I did just say “all ya’ll”) you are all dancing machines. (However, Scot is a solid gold dancer, since he did all the cage work.)

tyler said...

i just realized, (and yes, people, i have no life and think about things said on blogs an awful lot) that if it took you girls dancing in their underwear to remind you that you "fit" then your life is a whole lot awesomer than you let on.

RomanX said...

I think it has more to do with, having people around who nominally accept who you are. The girl in underwear was just the cherry on the top of the awesome shake that was Sunday night.