Friday, January 23, 2009

The groove of '08

This is a list of the songs that were in my head most often during 2008

  1. You don't know me - Ben Folds and Regina Spektor. I just have a weakness for Ben Folds
  2. Halfway Home - Tv on the Radio. These boys from Brooklyn can rock it.
  3. Paper Planes - M.I.A. I am almost sorry she retired. But it also helped make Pineapple Express that much more awesome.
  4. Electric Feel - MGMT. The freaking contagious nature of the song coupled with a creepy video is pure win.
  5. When I Grow Up - Pussycat Dolls. I will offer no defense of this. You have some guilty pleasures, this is mine.
Some honorable mentions, would be American Boy, Take a bow, The beginning is the end is the beginning, Gnarls Barkley-the Odd Couple, and John Legend-Evolver, if you are looking for some other stuff to listen to.

So what are the rest of you all listening to nowadays? Feeling the need to branch out and try some new stuff, and get an idea for what is out there.

-Cheers

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm listening to some old standbys such as Gomez, Sigur Ros, The Shins. (Radiohead goes without mention, since it is a constant.) Other stuff by Elbow, Silver Sun Pickups, Futureheads, The Kooks, The Black Keys, and Atmosphere. I'm all over the place with music, old, new, whatever! Sorry, this probably doesn't help.