Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's time for the percolater...

No real post of substance today.

Have a lot of pots on the burner, so to speak. Several big issues on my mind today that I want to roll over a bit more before I commit my thoughts to the tubes in any long form manner.

Charlie Savage has a piece up at New York Times which is troubling. Some nice analysis is here and here.

The Bush administration seriously expanded the power of the presidency at the expense of both our collective national interest and civil liberties in general, this is part of the change I voted for in November. An end to the, "ends justifies the means" mentality that dominated our government. Our Constitution has meaning and power, and power is not just the enshrinement of the authority of the executive. It may be asking too much to expect any man to walk away from that sort of power, but I do. He said he would, and that is what I will hold him to. Again this is troubling on a number of different levels. Transparency is the only tonic that we have to protect ourselves from the machinations of men/women in power.

Senator Roland Burris, is still an ass. We are not "rushing to judgment" sir. We have had months to roll over all this. You were warned and questioned on these very things and it is now shown, by your own admission that you lied. Sir, we are not rushing to judgment, some of us built summer homes there. They have crenelations and parapets, from which it is much easier to pelt prevaricating, mendacious politicians such as yourself.

I am not sure what Rush and Hannity will talk about now....

Republicans in Congress make my head hurt.

-Cheers

No comments: