Friday, February 26, 2010

About time some one said it....

One of those moments where I am happy to have Dick Durbin as my senator:

4

This is an issue that just burns my biscuits every time I hear it. People just state what a huge problem medical malpractice is. With out quantifying it, or putting it in its proper context. First off it is a huge concern doctors, no doubt, the risk of being financially ruined due one error or even a perceived error is terrifying. But the numbers just do not back up the emphasis that Republicans constantly give it. Steve Benen adds some more info for this discussion.

What I suspect is that it has more to do with trial lawyers, which Republicans seem to despise, and much like ACORN they must be destroyed. Also they are easily demonized. No one likes lawyers (though I personally think some are quite swell), that is an article of faith. So they are an easy target.

Anyway it is just nice to see someone actually express the actual data on the subject.

-Cheers

No comments: