Thursday, February 4, 2010

Grilling and Meats Weekend...

So the Grilling of the Meats is this coming weekend. I have been charged with lamb and chicken wings for our little gathering.

For the chicken wings, I will probably just go with my standard grilling recipe. So no surprises there.

But for the leg of lamb I am having some issues with which way to go. A simple marinade:
  • 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tablespoon dried oregano (preferably Greek), crumbled
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
Or something more complex:
  • 2/3 c. fresh lemon juice (or lemon zest)
  • 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 1/4 c. Dijon style mustard
  • 1/4 c. soy sauce
  • 1/4 c. olive oil
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper
  • 1/2" slice fresh ginger root, unpeeled
  • sprigs of fresh rosemary and cilantro
I was toying around with a yogurt based marinade as well, but decided against it.

For side dish, I will probably whip up some red gold potatoes and onions grilled with some aged white cheddar. I may toss some halved brussel sprouts in there as well for some added color and flavor.

That is what I am thinking for now. We shall see how it goes.

-Cheers

No comments: