Thursday, September 4, 2008

Convention Round-up 2.....

So I would feel remiss if I did not offer some commentary of the RNC speeches from last night. TPM and Josh Marshall's staff have done an excellent job of putting together pieces on the convention, so I recommend checking out their coverage. Of the speeches given, I have to point to Rudy's it is a sight to behold. So I have dragged that over for you all.

This is a quintessentially republican speech. You can almost see the spittle flying. It is an angry speech, a divisive speech, a speech designed to attack differences not to unite. That is the plan. Obama is effete and intellectual. He hasn't bled for his country! He is different! Sarah over there is just like you! She has a whole mess of kids and watches Survivor and does Tupperware parties!!!!

I seriously thought lasers were going to come blasting out of Rudy's eyes toward the end of the speech....he was genuinely angry. But that is what the Republican party has come to offer, false bravado and misplaced self-righteousness. No policy solutions, all vitriol and bile; that is there governing solution, treat your opponents as enemy combatants, vilify them however you can and hope the American people don't notice. That is their plan.

Earlier in the evening Mitt Romney bashed eastern elites, the same former Massachusetts Governor Romney, and also stated with out a hint of irony that Washington needed to be rescued from the liberals who control it. Yes after 8 years of a republican president, who had 6 years ( I might say 8 myself, but I digress) of a compliant republican congress. Yes those wacky liberals are the problem again.


People need to wake up. The RNC thinks you are idiots.

No comments: