Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Kimbo'd

I can be pretty harsh on the media. I have a very specific view on the sort of relationship the fourth estate has with government in particular. In fact I can sum it up with one word: adversarial.

That is how talking points should be handled. That is how the White house should have been questioned pre-Iraq, that is how the questioning should have been during the U. S Attorney purge. I do not care what political bent you are, if you are going to shovel crap like that, you deserve to get smacked down with a wet noodle. I am not pleased with this because I am contra McCain campaign, but because I hate when people do not answer questions. I hate it, especially when they dissemble and evade. Answer the question or say you are not going to answer the question. I think that is good journalism. Not just stenography.

Also I have decided not to comment on the whole Palin pregnancy flap. I do care about it. It is a family issue and that is what it should remain. I am more concerned with the complete dismantling of federal institutions that server the public good over the last 8 years. FEMA is a joke compared to what it used to be, and that is largely due to some serious ideological differences between Republicans and Democrats and their views on serving the public good.


-cheers

4 comments:

Eclectic Bride-Wife-Mom said...

I just read about the preggo teen!!!! I am impressed you've kept your thoughts to yourself on that one...I am stunned, but agree, that it's a family issue, not a national media event.

RomanX said...

Well in general I don't feel families should be subjected to the standard political dredging that takes place. Somethings are in fact private and should be handled that way. Now if this were a democrat, I suspect the commentary from the right would be much less restrained.

Mike said...

Is this like Kimbo Slice? He's awesome.

RomanX said...

Yes the ass whopping Tucker takes is like a Kimbo Slice beatdown!