Friday, September 26, 2008

Debate Night Part 1

Well tonight is the big debate. I have my bottle of vodka all ready to go. I think the words to watch this evening will be "Bailout", "change agent", and "surge". We shall see if I can walk after the debate ends.

On a serious note. Pay attention tone, and the candidates responses. I expect Senator McCain to be direct and forceful, and I expect Senator Obama to be thoughtful and circumspect in his answers. If the debate stays on issues, I think it is a win for Obama, because McCain will be forced into defending the positions of the last 8 years.

It is at 8 p.m Central time. See what the candidates have to say.

-cheers

4 comments:

Brad said...

I the more I hear from the candidates, the less I like my choices.

RomanX said...

Well, I will say that I am far more comfortable with Senator Obama's thought process. It seems more methodical and cogent. The debate did clear any of those lingering doubts.

Brad said...

He is an excellent debater and public speaker, that's all I know.

RomanX said...

Umm...that has alwaysconfused me. All you really ever have to go by with a politician is a)what they say, and b) how they vote. I thought both men conveyed that. I just happen to be able follow what Senator Obama more consistently. Senator McCain is far to erratic for my tastes.