Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The New Yorker cover.....

I have been asked by a couple of friends what I think of the cover and all I can really muster is a resigned "meh". I know, I should be in a nice rich lather of high dudgeon. The problem is, I just really don't care very much about it. I saw it for the act of satire it was, but admit it wasn't a very good attempt. It just fell short. If you haven't seen it by now....



So yeah, I could see what they were going for, and lets face it this is the
New Yorker, not the National Review. I mean it is simply a mash-up of all the different smears that have been attached to Senator Obama. The press's fascination with Mrs. Obama continues to amaze me. Do voters really care about spouses? I mean as long as they aren't vamping with pool boys or something? I guess if they artist had done a better job, of who they were trying to satirize that may have helped. Maybe a scrolling text box with the "Fox"emblem, or within the thought bubble of a Oxycontin and vicodined out Rush Limbaugh? But that isn't what happened.

-cheers


No comments: