Thursday, August 14, 2008

Credit where credit is due....

I have very often been highly critical of Joe Klein in some of my ramblings, but when he says something I agree with or feel needed to be said, I also am capable of a good pat on the back.

He had a recent post up on Time's blog Swampland that speaks to the spectacle the McCain campaign has become and more importantly the water that the national media has been carrying for it. This is the part which most caught my eye:
I know that people like me are supposed to try to be fair...and balanced. (The Fox mockery of our sappy professional standards seems more brutally appropriate with each passing year.) In the past, I would achieve a semblance--or an illusion--of balance by criticizing Democrats for not responding effectively when right-wing sludge merchants poisoned our national elections with their filth and lies.
It is a good take on what we have been witnessing, and the cravenness of some of the tactics used by republicans during the past few election cycles. It's a good read so I would recommend checking it out.

-Cheers

No comments: