Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Express is in....

Got to see Pineapple Express last night. I enjoyed it and thought it was a good send up of the mid to late 80's action movie. Filled to the brim with improbable explosions, nigh-indestructible protagonists, and infinitely reloading guns, it definitely hit on all the major "isms" of action-adventure movies. That being said, I also thought the dialogue was well thought out and surprisingly subtle. Like with most of Apatow's ventures, it is what the characters say when they aren't the focus of attention, that at times, happens to be the funniest. There are quite a few lines that I am certain will enter the pop-culture lexicon. All in all a good fun movie. I recommend it. You will however, leave with a severe case of the munchies.

In honor of the the opening of Pineapple Express, I thought I would provide a couple of links to get the ole' esoteric juices going:

5 Scientific Theories that will make your head explode

And this is just....well I don't have a word for it....it is just crazy...

Evidently in Soviet Russia sexual harassment does you!

Money quote for the ladies thinking of moving to Russia: "If we had no sexual harassment we would have no children," the judge ruled.


Isn't that just priceless?


-puff, puff, pass


No comments: